Feature counts in bar chart incorrect

05-02-2017 01:40 PM
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to test creating an operation dashboard and noticed that the bar chart feature count is not accurate.

All of the values in the bar chart is incorrect, Citrus which should be 5,314 is showing as 607. I am wondering is this is because not all of the points are not displayed in the web map because they are cluttered together (there is a warning in the web map that not all of the points are displayed on the full layer extent), which is still weird because the total in the summary (i.e. 12,706) is correct. The point data that I am using covers several counties and are concentrated at certain areas, would the Bar Chart Widget not work well for feature counts in this case?

bar chart count inaccurate

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Ramon,

The issue seems to be that your data result is coming back as 1000 features for the bar chart, which is the default return on your feature class.  You can adjust the maxRecordCount on your services when you publish them.

Hope this helps explain the values-

Thanks,
Chris

Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot for the answer Chris.

That did do the trick, I overwrite the service and set value significantly higher that my record count.

This seems to be only an issue in Operation Dashboard, because in WAB the counts are correct even if the default 1000 feature was used during the publishing.

0 Kudos