Select to view content in your preferred language

Download Table from Data Expression

03-01-2024 01:02 PM
Labels (1)
WilliamRockwell1
Occasional Contributor

I can get the source data download from a layer, but not a data expression (same hosted layer in ArcGIS online). Why is this not allowed? It would really help me as the data expression cleans up several fields nicely, but I can't have users download the data without this. Frustrating. 

Why.png

4 Replies
NicoleJohnson
Occasional Contributor

@WilliamRockwell1, did you happen to find a workaround to this?

Right now, I have Table A related to Table B. Table B is related to Table C. Using a data expression, I can create a table that has each feature from Table C, along with info from Table B and Table A (essentially creating a flat file), but like you, I can't download it, and even trying to copy and paste the values into a blank Excel sheet doesn't work well at all (all the values are in a single column with no field headings).

0 Kudos
WilliamRockwell1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I ended up using an Experience, where the user can export the table to csv. It's too bad because I think the dashboard version of what I'm doing looks better, but the Experience handles the data better. 😕

WilliamRockwell1_0-1722519235975.png

0 Kudos
NicoleJohnson
Occasional Contributor

@WilliamRockwell1, thanks! I'm a little confused though, did you forego building the table through a data expression (i.e., your experience's table points to an actual layer)? Or is there some way to create the data expression in Experience Builder? From what I've seen, Arcade is very limited within Experience Builder, but hopefully I missed something.

0 Kudos
WilliamRockwell1
Occasional Contributor

Yes. It was more important to be able to download the data vs having that data be as "pretty" as I'd like.