Details Page displaying data by display name not table order.

Jump to solution
07-12-2021 10:25 AM
RyanPiper
New Contributor II

Hello. I am making a dashboard for my work for displaying veteran burial information for several cemeteries in our city. All of the data has been categorized and filtered in a way I wish to display it within the spreadsheet/csv that I uploaded to ArcGIS online. However, when I select the layer for the data within my dashboard and view it as a details page in the dashboard the order of the data is by display name, not the table order. I cannot find any way to change the order of how the data is seen within the details page. Can anyone help me? is this possible?

The first picture is how my data is displayed in the dashboard and the second picture is the order I want it to be in (in its table order).

How the data is presented in the Dashboard.How the data is presented in the Dashboard.How the data is in the table and how I want it displayed in the dashboard.How the data is in the table and how I want it displayed in the dashboard.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanPiper
New Contributor II

Hello there, yeah it is definitely an issue. The way I was able to work around it was to import the table into Arcgis Pro and then share the table directly from there to Arcgis Online and access it that way. It seems to work most of the time but I have had a few occasions today that I had to delete the table that I had just uploaded and re-upload it all over again for it to load in the order of the table. Hopefully you can get it to work!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertFord
New Contributor III

I basically have the same question but I am using a feature layer as the data source for details. I do know that you can configure this via the "Configure Pop-ups" in Map Viewer if your layer is in a map that is in the same dashboard. However, if you are making a dashboard without a map and just using the feature layer itself as the source, there is no way to configure a popup for this.

Ultimately, ESRI needs to add the option to configure pop-up / content in the config options of a Detail card in operations dashboard itself. This would mean no need to go back and forth from a map / layer to Ops Dashboard

0 Kudos
RyanPiper
New Contributor II

Hello there, yeah it is definitely an issue. The way I was able to work around it was to import the table into Arcgis Pro and then share the table directly from there to Arcgis Online and access it that way. It seems to work most of the time but I have had a few occasions today that I had to delete the table that I had just uploaded and re-upload it all over again for it to load in the order of the table. Hopefully you can get it to work!

0 Kudos