data limit exceeded in serial chart

12-18-2018 08:36 AM
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Trying to set up a serial chart parsed by year from a table with 275K rows, however the chart is not displaying all results and is giving a data limit exceeded error.  Is there a limit to the number of rows which can be displayed in the chart? Other widgets such as the indicator return all rows.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Ed

Tags (1)
4 Replies
NaufalIhsan1
New Contributor II

Anyone else has explanation about this problem? Because I have the same problem when trying to parse date

0 Kudos
NathanaelRodd
New Contributor II

You will need to increase the Maximum number of records returned by server. By default this is set to 1000. If you have more than 1000 records in your layer the serial chart will return the data limit exceeded error. You will also run into issues with exporting records from an attribute table in a Web App if you have not increased your limit.

To do this republish the service. In the Service Editor go to the Parameters tab and increase the "Maximum number of records returned by the server:" to something greater than the number of records in the layer. 

RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Hi,

This cannot be correct because when generating a chart, what is requested for the REST API is a statistic and not that it returns the records of the table.

I believe it is something else that is generating this limitation.

0 Kudos
TomPaschke
Esri Contributor

FYI: Came across this issue while configuring a new dashboard and this support article did the trick for me (also for statistics): 
https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023183

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos