Select to view content in your preferred language

Dashboard won't open

a month ago
Labels (1)
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

I have a dashboard that doesn't want to open - its AGOL based (not enterprise) and I'm using some arcade to create a data expression in it as well as to create some advanced formatting. Is there a way to get to the components of the dashboard to see if disabling some aspect might resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can take a look at the underlying JSON defining the dashboard. You could also use your brower's Developer Tools to watch the network traffic while the dashboard attempts to load, see if there are certain data sources causing it to freeze up.

Do you get an error? When you say it doesn't open, what does that look like?

What is the data expression?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

I pretty much just get a blank screen when trying to open the dashboard with the perpetual spinning 'load' icon.

Here's the data expression, seems even with the filter limiting the records to under 2500 the 'groupBy' statement isn't working. I tested this previously and it seemed to work fine, but there were probably fewer than 500 records at that point. For context these are incoming complaints about fireworks to our 3-1-1 system. The objective here is to create a list that shows which addresses have multiple complaints, sorting them in descending order by number of complaints, and then ideally by most recent complaint.

// creates a list filtered and ordered by date with number of complaints calculated
var qry = "CREATEDTIME BETWEEN '05/01/2024' and '07/31/2024'"
var compFeats = Filter(FeatureSetByPortalItem(Portal('https://arcgis.com/'),'bfe0f7fdde7040fa8e65d0035ca855c7',0,['REFERENCENUMBER','CREATEDTIME','CATEGORY','ADDRESS','DESCRIPTION'],false), qry);
var cntFeats = count(compFeats);
Console(cntFeats);
var tempGrp = GroupBy(compFeats,['ADDRESS'],[
  {name: 'TotComplaints', expression: 'ADDRESS',statistic: 'COUNT'},
  {name:'InitComplaint', expression: 'CREATEDTIME', statistic:'MIN'},
  {name:'LstComplaint', expression: 'CREATEDTIME', statistic:'MAX'},]);
var cntGroupRecs = count(tempGrp)
console(cntGroupRecs)
return OrderBy(tempGrp, "TotComplaints DESC")

0 Kudos