Dashboard Indicator

04-11-2022 10:00 AM
johnnytran01
New Contributor

Could someone help me on this? I have two columns PartyType1 and PartyType2. I am trying to create an indicator of the type PartyType1 and 2. For PartyType1, I have 18 Bicycle, for PartyType2, I have 11. Total should be 29 but for some reason the indicator does not count when PartyType1 and PartyType2 are equal to Bicycle.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your indicator is going to be counting per row, so if one of your rows has "Bicycle" in both columns, it still only gets counted once.

If you want the total number of occurrences across the two fields, you might consider using a Data Expression. Here's an example expression that calculates a value using two fields: https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/dashboard_data/CalculationAcrossFields.md 

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
johnnytran01
New Contributor

Hi Josh, 

Thank you for recommendation.  So I tried creating an expression, but I am getting this error Execution Error: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'replace').

Screenshot 2022-04-11 152352.jpg

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm.... I've never seen that error message before. Perhaps an Esri person would know more what that means.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos