Dashboard indicator for when a specific field has been altered

05-19-2022 05:27 AM
tbearb
by
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to set up an indicator in an ArcGIS Operations Dashboard via an arcade expression that would show a counter of how many features encountered an update to a specific field? I'm basically looking to track when a water meter's ID has been changed in an attempt to crack down on certain attributes not being updated as a result of the meter ID change (when they do not fill out the existing meter replacement related table information in the field).

Ideally the indicator would only show alterations to the meter ID field and nothing else.

If this could be done with the list element as well in the dashboard, even better!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe this would be possible with attribute rules and an additional "flag" attribute? I can't think how else you'd do this, except possibly with a query layer against an SDE table with archiving. Maybe just having a "previous ID" field, and highlighting features where the two do not match?

Basically, you need some way for each feature to somehow "hang on to" the previous attribute value, and there's not a great built-in way to do that.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
tbearb
by
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. But yes, essentially that is exactly it, some way to hang on to the previous value. It works well in the meter replacement related table we have going where we have attribute rules constantly obtaining those values for historical purposes, but the moment they decide not to use it, that information is unfortunately lost and it could be a week or so later until we find out a meter ID was changed in the field and certain fields were not altered as a result of the changeout (that would have all been captured / updated had they filled out the meter replacement form).

I may have to look more into the validation side of the attribute rules as an option.

0 Kudos