Dashboard detail short by

Jump to solution
07-20-2022 11:14 AM
MinervaCPeña
New Contributor III

Hi there!

I have a Detail panel (consisting of an Excel sheet), sorted by alphabetical order. I want the order to be different but I can't find the way. Even the Excel file and the allocated table are sorted correctly.

MinervaCPea_0-1658340583872.png

This is the Details Pane

MinervaCPea_1-1658340619302.png

This is the File on Arcgis Online

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What I would do is add the standalone table to the map. Then configure the table's popup in the map, where you can set the display order of the different fields. Then in your dashboard, have it connect to the table from the map. This way it can have your defined settings come in with it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

10 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can configure the sort order directly in the widget settings, even having a multi-field sort:

jcarlson_0-1658353076740.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
MinervaCPeña
New Contributor III

Thanks, Josh, but I mean the order of the fields, which in the Details Panel is in alphabetical order, and I want it as in the Excel File

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ah, I see! The field order will be coming from either

1. The popup configuration in the linked map, if your dashboard has a map. Or,
  2. The layer's default visualization settings
- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
MinervaCPeña
New Contributor III

So how can I change the visualization settings? It's an Excel File, and its columns are in the correct order. Here I attach the URL if this helps: https://services7.arcgis.com/4WPJ1i5JxoiTWeX7/arcgis/rest/services/I%CC%81ndice_de_Autores/FeatureSe... 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go to arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=bcba98b9a36e479f9744934ed6cf1cf8 and look for the visualization tab there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MinervaCPeña
New Contributor III

Yes thanks Josh, but the thing is I don't have a map linked to the Details Panel so I can't look for the visualization or pop-up tab. The strange thing is that the order of appearance of the fields is correct, but not in the Detail Panel.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ah, right. Standalone tables don't let you easily modify their default settings. You'd have to open up the service JSON and edit it directly, I think. Or else you'd need to make those changes in a map, and then use the map in your dashboard. Does your dashboard have a map?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MinervaCPeña
New Contributor III

I see!

My dashboard has a map but it is related to another Layer. This problematic layer doesn't have a map, it doesn't even have coordinates.

So the only way is to code it?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What I would do is add the standalone table to the map. Then configure the table's popup in the map, where you can set the display order of the different fields. Then in your dashboard, have it connect to the table from the map. This way it can have your defined settings come in with it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS