Select to view content in your preferred language

Share Data Expression in an ArcGIS Dashboard to the Public?

Jump to solution
07-21-2022 01:34 PM
GISUser74305830
Regular Contributor

I have a Dashboard that I want available to the public. I've shared the dashboard, the web map, and all layers and tables to the public. The only issue is I have an Arcade Data Expression that powers one of the Indicators, so it prompts the viewer to login to AGOL in order to view the dashboard.

Is there a way to make my Data Expression public so the user does not have to sign in?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The data expression itself is just part of the dashboard's JSON, and can't be shared any differently. Any layers that your data expression touches, though, will need to be shared accordingly. Take a look at the services your data expression is accessing and make sure they're all shared publicly. If you don't want one of the accessed layers to be public, consider creating a view layer that can be public, then reference that layer in your expression instead.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

GISUser74305830
Regular Contributor

Thank you Josh! That was an oversight on my part. I have the public view layers but the data expression was referencing the non-public layers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The data expression itself is just part of the dashboard's JSON, and can't be shared any differently. Any layers that your data expression touches, though, will need to be shared accordingly. Take a look at the services your data expression is accessing and make sure they're all shared publicly. If you don't want one of the accessed layers to be public, consider creating a view layer that can be public, then reference that layer in your expression instead.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
GISUser74305830
Regular Contributor

Thank you Josh! That was an oversight on my part. I have the public view layers but the data expression was referencing the non-public layers.

0 Kudos