Dashboard Data Export not correct when using spatial filters

Jump to solution
09-27-2021 12:15 PM
Labels (1)
AMoyers
New Contributor III

Hi all, I have a dashboard that displays two datasets: one is a dataset with about 40,000 points and another is a polygon dataset that contains about 65 circular 14-mile buffers.  The dashboard has a series of filters that filter by attribute and then there's one "spatial filter" to narrow the points to those in a chosen buffer.  There's a "list" widget, a pie chart widget and then an indicator widget that populates based on the filters to display information about the points currently on the map.  Using the new data export functionality added in the September ArcGIS Online update the data does not line up between export and what's displayed in the dashboard, either on the map or in the widgets when we use the buffer spatial filter.

This issue appears to happen only when the spatial filter is applied.  For example I tried a test where the dashboard and map displayed 173 unique points but there were 178 unique entries in the export.  I determined that the extra 5 points were all outside of the spatial filter, no intersection and the largest distance was at least 2.5 miles away.  Is this a bug or has someone else run into this?

I'm frustrated because of the level of anticipation on this functionality, if I can't get this figured out we are probably going to abandon the dashboard.  I work for a food bank, we are using this to determine clients for home delivery by food delivery services -- the export functionality is necessary to take the next step and make it an actionable interface.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any help--

17 Replies
NeilWebber
New Contributor III

That's great news Dave, many thanks for the rapid, and positive, reply.

AMoyers
New Contributor III

Seconded on @NeilWebber .  Thanks tremendously for your help on this @DavidNyenhuis1!  I'll test when the update comes out and respond back on results.

DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

@AMoyers @NeilWebber , the issue should be resolved now. Please try your workflows again. 

AMoyers
New Contributor III

@DavidNyenhuis1 Confirmed -- I have tested since the update and the export matches the widget it's exported from.  Thank you again.

0 Kudos
GilMastrapa
New Contributor III

Hello @DavidNyenhuis1 @NeilWebber 

Sorry for reviving this post, and maybe this is not the most appropriate place for asking this, but it seems that i'm having a similar issue. I have several polygons result from a clusterization for most of South america. I'm trying to implement an spatial filter for Brazil's state borders, but it seems to keep using the polygons envelopes for filtering instead of the real area. Specially bizarre are the cases when the cluster consists of more than one polygon, in which case it will filter through the envelope of the whole group. 

Any ideas? Is this a recurrent bug or i'm missing something? 

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

  

GustavoMiralesSilva
New Contributor III

Hi @GilMastrapa

Did you solve this?

I'm getting the same issue here, it uses the polygon envelopes, and not the actual geometry.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
GilMastrapa
New Contributor III

No, i wasn't able to use it in the way i intended and my project requirements changed so i dropped it. It seems that option is not implemented, maybe through updates in the future. In general we have been using less and less the dashboards app, too many limitations as is. Much better to use the sdk to create a customized app to show our layers. 

0 Kudos
GustavoMiralesSilva
New Contributor III

Yeah, I can relate to that.

I guess we'll have to change our requirements too.

Thanks for the reply.