Select to view content in your preferred language

Create/automate a dashboard via code? (via API for Python/Javascript/ArcGIS Assistant/?)

05-03-2023 06:47 AM
Labels (1)
Chr-Peg
New Contributor

Hello,

we are currently looking into possibilities to create a kind of blueprint for Dashboards to automate/simplify the process of creating a Dashboard for any topic with minimal tweaking to filters and data.

We found out about the ArcGIS API for Python with its dashboard module but its deprecated. That probably means we can't create a Dashboard via API for Python (or at least its not supported anymore)? It also states that they migrated to ArcGIS API for Javascript. We reseached for a bit but didn't find something like the Dashboards module for API for Python yet. 

My understanding is that we can basically create a Web Map and enrich that Web Map with widgets via API for Javascript. Is that assumption correct or wrong? However it doesn't really provide the same "style" of Dashboard we would get via ArcGIS Dashboards. Is there a way to (re)create a Dashboard from ArcGIS Dashboards via API for Javascript since ArcGIS Dashboards basically runs on the same code?

Another direction we looked at is the ArcGIS Assistant where we can get a .json-File of our Dashboard. I'd guess we could switch the IDs of inputs we want to change and create a new Dashboard that way. We didn't really check it yet though.

We are kind of new to ArcGIS Dashboards and APIs so if theres something obvious we missed I'm sorry for that. We know that we could for example just update related data like csv tables but its more about creating a blueprint of a Dashboard to just fill with data and to avoid repetitive tasks.

Thanks in advance for any input!

1 Reply
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

You can up vote this idea, it would be useful with your use case: Update the arcgis.apps.dashboard to support the ne... - Esri Community

0 Kudos