Controlling How Selectors Affect Indicators

Jump to solution
07-28-2022 11:42 AM
Labels (1)
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

I have indicators in my dashboards that include a count of the # of requests received on different topics. I have 4 different selectors that filter the indicators based on different variables (e.g. Open vs. Closed). What I would like to do is have the total # of requests in the indicator for each topic and have this value stay static - i.e., it stays the same regardless of how the filters are selected. So, in the image I've included, the dashboard is filtered to show open requests - both values in the indicator are being filtered but I really want the bottom one to include the total # of requests, not just the open ones. 

I was wondering if this might be possible using Arcade? Like maybe setting a fixed reference value and then creating a variable to populate that fixed value? Or is there a simpler way to do this? I can't seem to figure out if this is possible. Any help is appreciated.

Samara

DashboardScreenshot.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

You can try setting the Reference in the Data pane to Count the records (OBJECTID).

KinleyWinchester_0-1659040544293.png

Then call the {reference} value in the Description, not the bottom text.

KinleyWinchester_1-1659040602523.png

KinleyWinchester_2-1659040656295.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

You can try setting the Reference in the Data pane to Count the records (OBJECTID).

KinleyWinchester_0-1659040544293.png

Then call the {reference} value in the Description, not the bottom text.

KinleyWinchester_1-1659040602523.png

KinleyWinchester_2-1659040656295.png

WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

Yes, that worked! And then in the selector options, I'm able to choose if I want the main value and/or the referenced value filtered. Thank you so much!!

Samara

0 Kudos