Configure actions on data expression

04-04-2022 12:58 PM
FrankForster75
New Contributor II

Hello,

In ArcGIS Dashboard, I managed to create an indicator with an advanced expression but I can figure out how to configure "action" on it.

By action I mean the fact that when a selector is set to a category, my indicator would only use the data of this category. Thanks a lot in advance 🙂

FrankForster75_0-1649101757077.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Whatever category variable you want your selector to work against needs to be present in the data expression as well. Unless your selector is looking at the same data expression, you'll have to define source:destination field mapping on the action, so you need to make sure a matching field is on both sides.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
FrankForster75
New Contributor II

Hello @jcarlson and thank you,

The fields present in the expression and the selector are already mapped and functionnal.

The problem is that the calcul of which I want to show the result is performed on the whole layer via the "FeatureSetByPortalItem" but I want to do the calcul only with the data selected with the action.

Frank

0 Kudos
explocarto
New Contributor III

Hello,

You get results on your entire layer because your calculations are done outside your loop.

These pre-calculations must be integrated into the loop.

I hope this helps you a bit

0 Kudos
FrankForster75
New Contributor II

Hi @explocarto, thanks for your answer.

Indeed, moreover the "loop" is the entire "data expression".

In order to obtain the same result with an expression in the "advanced formating" section, I would need to suceed in one of the following :

Bypass the unavailability of the "Filter" command in the expression editor

Manage to create a second reference (because it allow to filter) and use them in my expression

Thanks!

Frank

rezadarbari
New Contributor

I am dealing with a similar issue. Did you figure out how to do this?

0 Kudos