Clickable indicator?

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 03:01 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Dashboard showing (clustered) animal sightings with indicators per species:

BertKraan1_0-1624960569910.png

Would it be possible to have a clickable indicator?

So as to filter the data on the map to show only that specific animal species/layer?

I know you can use the layers icon to hide/unhide the layers and this works but somehow it seems to be more intuitive to click on the indicator.

"Asking for a collegue ..." 🙂

Thanks for your time,

Bert

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

A 'Selector' is designed to provide this functionality. Selectors—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation

In this case you would create a category selector and add the indicator as a 'target' in the Actions tab.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GIS_Fox

If your data does not bar it, such as certain live feed data, this works under the use of a graph or serial chart using bar graph fields. You can select a graph based on type, time period, or other selected field shown in the graph, and link the selected graph actions to the indicators and layers to dynamically show what is selected in the graph or list even. Functionally this will work but ascetically I am not sure if it would still fit with your dashboard if you were wanting to keep it the same as shown. Staggering it and leaving the list or graph behind something may help with this if you want to keep the dashboard as only having indicators, just opening or expanding the list/graph to full screen to perform your selections or queries, but I am not well versed enough to know if indicators alone will do this function. Hope this helps, kind regards, JL

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

A 'Selector' is designed to provide this functionality. Selectors—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation

In this case you would create a category selector and add the indicator as a 'target' in the Actions tab.

BertKraan1

Thanks @DavidPike, I didn't come across the Selector before it being only accessible from a panel element. I also found the date Selector, great!

0 Kudos