Select to view content in your preferred language

Category Selector to filter Chart derived from Data Expression

03-25-2022 11:46 AM
Labels (1)
SteveRichards1
New Contributor II

I currently have a dashboard that has a Category Selector to filter the "RLType" in a dataset and a Serial Chart that uses a data expression that summarizes the RLType across multiple fields and returns a Sum. Without going in to detail of the actual data expression, is it possible to match the Actions in the Category Selector to filter the Serial Chart that is derived from a data expression? When I try to Filter the Chart, there is not a matching field that I can select, even though they are essentially using the same data (the selector and chart). Has anyone successfully done this before? Am I approaching this incorrectly? Thank-you.

The Image is from the Actions tab in the Category Selector where I would like to create the filter on the chart.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This should be possible, but it really depends on the data expression and the format of the output FeatureSet. Are you including the field RLType in your data expression's output?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
SteveRichards1
New Contributor II

Thank-you, Josh for the quick reply. I had another look and it appears when I was declaring my fields, I had the type set to "esriFieldTypeInteger" when they should have been "esriFieldTypeString". I changed that and I now have the option to use the RLType in the Category Selector Action Filter. Phew! Thanks, again.

Steve

0 Kudos