Select to view content in your preferred language

Category selector Actions filter works as "AND", is it possible to set it to "OR"?

3 weeks ago
AneteZvaigzneLV
New Contributor III

I have a simple table created using Union gp tool, so my results are basically this polygon belongs or does not belong to a certain category. When I set my category fields with filter action every category works as "AND" on my filter.. It is possible to determine both AND / OR in Experience Builder, but experience builders lacks indicators and other cool stuff that Dashboards have. 

Does this mean I have to use data expressions or Arcade to make my category selectors work as "OR" on my data?

Sorry if my question is not defined understandably. 

Cheers, 

Anete

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

I assume you have, say, 3 category selectors (A, B, C) and you want anything that matches A OR B OR C, right? I haven't played around with data expressions much but in theory you can combine all three fields into one category by getting the cross product of their unique values, then repeat that in the data expressions for the data you want to filter. Now that you have matching key fields everywhere you can have a single multi-select category filter that works for everything.