Select to view content in your preferred language

can't select map features

Jump to solution
02-08-2016 03:42 PM
MikeHargreaves
Emerging Contributor

I have an Operation Dashboard that I'm playing with.  It has a map and two widgets - list and detail.  I can get it so the detail shows what is in the list, but I'm unable to interact with the map to select or show popup...  Also, where do I find the URL for the web version?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Frequent Contributor

You will need to open the map in the viewer to edit the layers:

0 Kudos
MikeHargreaves
Emerging Contributor

Yes, I've been able to add services, but not change or delete...

0 Kudos
MikeHargreaves
Emerging Contributor

Well, I find out how to remove, by clicking on 3 dots below service when open in the viewer, but no way to change service URL....;

0 Kudos
MikeHargreaves
Emerging Contributor

deleting the service and adding the Feature service has caused my Dashboard to break...

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Frequent Contributor

It shouldn't cause anything to break in Dashboard, unless you had widgets using that map service.  If you want to use those with the new feature service, they will have to be redone.  Otherwise, you could have both the map service and the feature service in the same map.  Anything else should be unaffected.  If not, please let me know.

0 Kudos
MikeHargreaves
Emerging Contributor

Yes, I removed the map service and added the feature service, which broke my widgets, and forced me to redo.  But that is done.  I assume if I had two feature services, there is no way for the list widget to look at both?

Also, I have set both the map and the dashboard to be shared with everyone, yet when I try the URL for the web version, it is asking me for my login...  I want this to be available to the public without their having to be a member of AGOL.

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Frequent Contributor

For the webmap to be public, all of the underlying services have to also be public. You can set these in the Share tab under People. Make sure that the "Apply sharing settings to referenced items" is also checked. Then click Update Sharing to change the settings:

As for the list widget, if you had the same feature layer in the data sources, it would see both.

0 Kudos
MikeHargreaves
Emerging Contributor

Where do I set this?  ArcGIS Server, the Web Map, or the Dashboard?

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Frequent Contributor

This is in Dashboard.  If you have some time, you can run through the tutorial on Dashboard as well, and it will hit all of these points and more about setting up views.

0 Kudos
MikeHargreaves
Emerging Contributor

Yes, I've looked at a few videos now, and still can't resolve the issue.  At first the services did not even show up in Referenced items, so I finally added them to AGOL (why do you need to do this?), and then they showed up there.  The web map works without requiring a login, whereas the Operations Dashboard does not...makes no sense...

map:

http://arcg.is/1SIJwtI

dashboard:

Operations Dashboard

0 Kudos