Widgets - Domain

03-07-2014 07:12 AM
TimPenfield
New Contributor
Do widgets handle domains within Operations Dashboard? I can get the gauge widget to correctly see a short integer field, but not a short integer field associated with a created domain of coded values 1-10.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Tim,

For gauge widget and other widgets that calculate statistics based on attribute values, data with coded domains will not be listed in the Value field. The reason for that is Dashboard displays these type of data using domain description instead of domain code. As a result, these data appears to be text field to operation view authors/users, and they cannot use such fields in gauge.

Thanks

Tif
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
...although, in widgets such as the Bar Chart, you can change the Display Type to "Display feature counts as bars" and use any field for Value.  You then have a bar chart displaying the count of each group - or domain.  It should be the same in the Gauge widget.
0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II

I encountered this same issue today. I've created an improvement request on the ideas website here: https://c.na9.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=087E0000000CwOL&returnUrl=%2Fapex%2FideaList%3Fc%3D0....

Please upvote if you'd like to see this functionality added in Dashboard.

JamesMitchell_Jr_
New Contributor II

I have encountered this too. My situation is as follows;

I have one of my attribute field named “Asset Logged”. The field is numeric with coded values of 0 and 1 for Yes and No descriptions. We set the data up this way to be user friendly with Collector for our district staff.

The operations dashboard app is meant for our district managers to track their district's progress of completing logging all company assets. I understand the explanation Tif Pun gave. But does anyone know if there is a work around to show the count of ‘Yes’ and ‘No’?

James

0 Kudos