Can i combine values in a pie chart slice

Jump to solution
10-05-2018 03:02 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

In Ops Dashboard, I am creating a pie chart from some Survey123 data. The data comes from a 'multiple choice' question so the data is a comma separated list of values.  For example, two values are 'invasive_weed,other' and 'other,invasive_weed'.  Those are ultimately the same value, but on the Survey the choices were selected in different order.  Is there a way that i can combine those two values into a single pie slice?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

Apologies for the late reply, I was out on business travel last week and I am catching up.

What you're asking for is not possible with Ops Dashboard at this time. Can you please post an enhancement for this on the ArcGIS Ideas site? So we can gauge interest from the user community and this will help us prioritize this enhancement.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Trippetoe

Hey Derek Law‌.  I checked with Esri tech support and they were not able to answer the question as to whether multiple categories can be combined into a single 'slice' in a pie chart. Do you know if such a thing is possible, and if so how to do it (other than by grouping based on percentage)?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Tom,

Apologies for the late reply, I was out on business travel last week and I am catching up.

What you're asking for is not possible with Ops Dashboard at this time. Can you please post an enhancement for this on the ArcGIS Ideas site? So we can gauge interest from the user community and this will help us prioritize this enhancement.

Hope this helps,

Trippetoe

No worries about the delay. You are normally so  quick to respond that i was starting to worry about you. I'm glad it was just a business trip.

I have created a new idea as per your suggestion: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15668 

Thanks.

Tom

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has there been any progress on this request?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Gaya,

> Has there been any progress on this request?

I don't have an update to share. Sorry. Please vote for the enhancement.

0 Kudos