Select to view content in your preferred language

Can Arcade show choices from a Category Selector set to Selection Multiple on an Indicator?

a month ago
LaraJuliussonUSFS
New Contributor II

Hello. I am using the latest version of ArcGIS online dashboard (February 2024).

I have a category selector for quality level values set to "Selection Single" that filters an Indicator set to a "Feature" value type which displays the quality level category selection. Cool, no problem.

My goal is to have that indicator show all quality level categories selected if I set the category selector to "Selection Multiple". I thought I might be able to do it in Arcade by grabbing the $datapoint.QualityLevel for the category field and using a concatenate to build a string of the selected categories -- I'd thought/hoped that the $datapoint.QualityLevel would be an array if the selection was multiple. That doesn't seem to be the case. I just want to confirm that it is not possible to do what I want to do with Arcade currently, OR, preferably get some tips on how to do it.

However, Arcade seems to be giving me a hint that this is not possible, because I noticed that although the indicator will continue to show one of the quality level categories when I select multiple (it isn't clear how it chooses which one), in Arcade for the indicator, I do not have the QualityLevel field available when I type var all = $datapoint.  

Thanks in advance for any information/tips.

Lara

0 Kudos
0 Replies