ArcGIS Dasboards- Zoom/Flash/Pan Actions Not Working

08-05-2021 01:57 PM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello ArcGIS Dashboards Team, 

We've recently run into the issue where the actions from a List widget do not work on a map. The list widget (controlling the actions) is rendering an arcade expression and the Filter action does work, but the Zoom/Flash/Pan Actions do not work. This will be a public facing application, therefore we need this action functionality. 

Thanks, 

Amanda Huber

Amanda__Huber_0-1628197035482.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are the features added to the map as a Feature Service or a Map Image service?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

@jcarlson they're a Feature Service

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

I have several dashboards with a 'pan' action on them that does not work in ArcGIS Dashboard. They worked in 'classic' dashboards (and still do - I've tested). When I set a pan or a zoom action, the result is a zoom or a pan to a blank space. I can hit the 'home' button and see all features, but when I select one from the dropdown - blank.

AleSym
by
New Contributor

I have the same issue.

I'm trying to join informations from a table to a feature layer. 

I'm storing everything in a feature dict an return this array as feature set.

So far so good. I can display all informations in the list I need, but when I click on an entry in the list, I would like to zoom and pan to the geometry of the feature. but nothing happens here.

Does anyone have a solution for that? Is it a bug in ESRi Dashboards or an error in my arcade expression?

0 Kudos
AndrewPadilla
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue. If the data is derived from a data expression, the pan/zoom/flash actions do not work on my dashboard list. I wonder if the data expression loses it's point location data?

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Did anyone get a solution to this problem?  We're just migrating over to Dashboards from Dashboards classic and dashboards that work fine in Classic won't zoom to a feature correctly once used in the new dashboards.

I think I've narrowed the issue down to a coordinate system conflict potentially.  Our basemap and data is in British National Grid, but I wonder if the zoom is trying to use lat long?   Or its just zooming to 0,0 every time.

What appears to be happening is, when you click on a list item, it zooms to and flashes the item, you see the outline of the feature when its flashing but once the flash has happened you're looking at a blank space with no basemap and no feature.  If you zoom out with the map controls you eventually see the British National Grid basemap and the map data come into view from the top of the screen, suggesting that the location zoomed to is nowhere near where the data is located.    I checked the service and basemap are both in the same coordinate system, and I don't see anywhere else to amend the default coordinate system for the dashboard.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

I've since created a new dashboard with Web Mercator basemap and data and that works, so I'm fairly confident this is an issue with data and basemaps using British National Grid (which unfortunately is all of our data / maps).  This wasn't an issue in classic, BNG was supported, so should we assume this will come in a later release of Dashboards?  We're at Enterprise 10.9.1 currently, moving to 11.1 in the autumn.

0 Kudos