Arcade option in Dashboard List

Jump to solution
08-27-2021 08:09 AM
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

In the Dashboard of Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1,in the List tab, I can't find an Arcade option to enable. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Rose

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
-Teejay-
New Contributor

Hi Rose,

I contacted ESRI a couple weeks ago inquiring about this topic and was notified that Arcade functionality for List tab is only available on ArcGIS Online at this time. 

Quote from the rep...

"I have done some digging to find out when this functionality might be coming to Enterprise and after discussing with my team I have found that the new functionality available in ArcGIS Online is not guaranteed for future releases in ArcGIS Enterprise. Unfortunately this means I cannot say for sure if and when you may see these Arcade options. However, there is an existing enhancement request which is currently marked as "Under Consideration" by development: ENH-000130995 - Allow embedded Arcade expressions in ArcGIS Dashboard widgets in ArcGIS Enterprise"

I am hoping they bring this functionality in Enterprise as I find it very useful. I hope this helps.

-Teejay

View solution in original post

4 Replies
-Teejay-
New Contributor

Hi Rose,

I contacted ESRI a couple weeks ago inquiring about this topic and was notified that Arcade functionality for List tab is only available on ArcGIS Online at this time. 

Quote from the rep...

"I have done some digging to find out when this functionality might be coming to Enterprise and after discussing with my team I have found that the new functionality available in ArcGIS Online is not guaranteed for future releases in ArcGIS Enterprise. Unfortunately this means I cannot say for sure if and when you may see these Arcade options. However, there is an existing enhancement request which is currently marked as "Under Consideration" by development: ENH-000130995 - Allow embedded Arcade expressions in ArcGIS Dashboard widgets in ArcGIS Enterprise"

I am hoping they bring this functionality in Enterprise as I find it very useful. I hope this helps.

-Teejay

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Fingers crossed for 10.9.1! The chasm between Enterprise and AGOL dashboards is massive without Arcade being available.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RebekahJohnson
New Contributor

Bummer! It's the end of 2023 and still no arcade option for Enterprise apparently 😞

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh, it's an option! You can use Arcade for Data Expressions and Advanced formatting in pretty much all the same spots as AGOL now, if you've updated to the most recent Portal version.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos