Add Incremental Slider Option

06-30-2020 02:18 PM
TysonM
by
New Contributor III

I think it would be valuable to have an option to set increments for the slider. For example, I want a map of travel times, that can be filtered by the various time increments. I have 15, 30, and 45 minute travel times. I don't like the drop-down as it feels slower and cumbersome when there are only a few options. But the slider is doesn't allow me to set increments. So I end up with say 31 minutes. The filtering works fine, as I have it set to less-than or equal to. But if I wanted it exactly at 30 minutes, I would have to fiddle with the slider.

Instead, being able to set it to 15 minute increments would be faster and easier for both the creator and user. Additionally, since we have the option to use statistics to get the min/max, just having a list of the unique values, and having the slider set to those, would be even better.

Ultimately, we need more control over the slider increments.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tyson,

I suggest you vote for this enhancement https://community.esri.com/ideas/15277 

Unfortunately, ArcGIS Dashboards does not currently support the display of historical "time" data very well.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
TysonM
by
New Contributor III

That's a great idea and I voted for it. What I'm looking for here though is a bit different. The travel times are just an example. It could be distance, age brackets, income ranges, etc.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tyson,

> What I'm looking for here though is a bit different. The travel times are just an example. It could be distance, age brackets, income ranges, etc. 

Please post a new and specific enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for ArcGIS Dashboards.

Hope this helps,

TysonM
by
New Contributor III

Will do, thank you.