Select to view content in your preferred language

Add category selector based on if a field is NULL or NOT NULL

Wednesday
Labels (1)
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

I would like to know if there is a way to add a category selector or other type of filter where you can base it on a particular field in a feature and have two options: the field is null or the field is not null. We have a field called "issues requiring immediate attention" for an inspection dashboard and want the end users to be able to filter so show all inspections where this issues field is not null so they can see what issues need to be taken care of for their field staff. I can't find anything about this while searching for answers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't think you can do that currently. You could create a Data Expression that replaces nulls with some other value for the sake of filtering. Wouldn't be too hard, but a category selector set to "grouped values" will only filter based on the value you're grouping with. You may need to replace your data source with a Data Expression in all the widgets in order for this to be usable.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you instead have the dashboard widget filter the data, instead of using a category selector? THe built-in data source filters on individual widgets let you filter out nulls. You could create two lists, one with "everything" and one showing "issues".

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos