Popups for a subset of features

04-21-2019 09:49 PM
NorthSouthGIS
Occasional Contributor II

I would like the ability to configure popups for only a subset of features. Here is my use case scenario:

In operations dashboard, I want to see all features on the map and get a count of all features, but not all features have attribute information so I don't want people to be able to click on them, but just see them instead... They are intended to be used in a statistical calculation and they should be visually displayed, but there are no details to show.

Tags (1)
1 Comment
patrickb
Status changed to: Already Offered

@NorthSouthGIS In dashboards, we simply consume popups if they have been configured in a web map or web layer.

You might be able to achieve what you're after via a workaround. One idea to try is to add the layer to the map twice. On one layer, set a filter to only show features that 'have attributes'. On the other layer, set a filter to only show features that 'do no have attributes'. Also on the second layer, remove the popups.

In the dashboard, the count of all feature can be shown on an indicator element. When configuring the indicator, do not select one of the map layers mentioned above as its data source. Rather, click the Select Layer button and browse to the web layer that was used to create the map. It will not have any filters defined and will return an accurate count.