Operations Dashboard - Search by feature

08-14-2018 07:19 AM
KevinMcMaster2
New Contributor III

Similar to the search widget options, it would be great to allow searching by a feature in Operations Dashboard, not just by the default world geocoder.

search by feature idea for operations dashboard

8 Comments
JaredKristo

You actually can do this. In the map's settings, check the box "By Layer". Then you are able to specify what you would like to be searched. You can then search for that feature in the Operations Dashboard.

KevinMcMaster2

Thanks Jared - super useful! I just updated my webmap settings and can now search by business name in my dashboard! Check it out: https://symgeo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/28693061ccf44be4b6510e3791b25cf6 (desktop) or https://symgeo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0abb0867fe504615b587617662d71d6f (mobile)

MelissaWilliams1

Would be helpful to have search widget option without having a map, to be able to search complex non-spatial datasets.

patrickb
Status changed to: Already Offered

@MelissaWilliams1 We'd have to consider a search capability without having a map as a separate idea. If you'd like to pursue that as something for the community to weigh in on, might we ask that you submit a new post? 

LindaLin1

@KevinMcMaster2 , which dashboard version you are using, in my dashboard map setting, there isn't a check box option for By_Layer.

LindaLin1_0-1647214749091.png

I wonder if you could help or anything I am missing. 

Kind regards,

Linda

KevinMcMaster2

Hi @LLIN , so the dashboard was the "classic" mode, but the trick is that the setting is in the webmap settings (not in the dashboard). So, whatever webmap is powering the dashboard, go to settings there, and check out the options. Hope that is helpful!

webmap_settings.png

MarkWroblewski

Thanks for the great tip.  It worked like a charm.  Have a blessed day!

kmsmikrud

Hi,

Thanks for the info on the web map settings. I've enabled layers/fields to be searched. It would be great if the search box text could be changed. I tried changing it in the web map settings, but in the dashboard it still defaults to 'Find address or place'. Has anyone had luck changing this?

Thanks,

Kathy