Operations Dashboard filter data by user input text

03-02-2020 03:34 PM
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Add User Input to the selector options in Operations Dashboard (Category, Number, Date).

I'd like to have the ability to do a keyword search in Operations Dashboard - allow users to type in their own values. This would help immensely to find records using free text fields (where category selectors wont work). Or when we have too many individual categories that make the category selector almost unusable. For example where we are looking at land parcels and there are 5000 parcels in out area of interest. It would be good to start typing the address and have autocomplete help with the rest.

Survey123 is a good example of this:

5 Comments
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

This would be sooo helpful! I'd love if users could search the List widget instead of having to scroll through hundreds of records to find what they are looking for. 

ZachPorteous

This is a great idea. Some text fields need to be searchable and aren't defined categories. Or they are defined categories, but they are concatenated into one field.

JeffMay2

If you toggle 'show filter' in the selector options for the Category selector, it will provide an input box the User can type in to.

AW_Grove

Hi @JeffMay2  - where do you see the show filter toggle? I am in the category selector and can't find it. Thank you!

JeffMay2

@AW_Grove , sorry for the late reply.

JeffMay2_0-1677607426878.png

With the show filter option enabled, It will add a input box above you values.

JeffMay2_1-1677607526777.png