Select to view content in your preferred language

Customize downloadable source data from Dashboard

09-20-2023 09:02 AM
Shubhreet
Occasional Contributor

It would be nice being able to customize the downloadable data from the ArcGIS Dashboard widgets such as list.

The problem is that I used Arcade expression in my dashboard list widget to display filtered data that was not possible via inbuild filter of the list widget. I am looking to allow users to download this filtered data anyhow which does not seem currently possible.

When I download the source data from the widgets, the excel file contains all the fields present in the relevant feature layer. I would like to have a few fields and records from the downloaded file. I did try using the option for summarized data as well from widgets like serial chart but the problem is that it gives the aggregated data based on the statistics used. I am looking to have the customized/selective/filtered data in the downloadable option. 

3 Comments
patrickb
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@Shubhreet  Source data download is only available for data sources that have the export data setting enabled. You cannot download data from elements that are based on data expressions because the export data setting cannot be made. If you want to limit the fields that are downloaded, try using a feature layer view in your dashboard. The ability for Dashboards to control the field list would require enhancements from the back end APIs (which means we'd move this idea the Community that deals with those requests)

When the download button is clicked in a dashboard, the resulting file will respect any filters that have been applied. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/latest/create-and-share/download-data.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_2ED1839...

patrickb
Status changed to: Already Offered

Shubhreet

Thanks @patrickb for the reply. I will try the option of feature layer view to filter data.