Custom Locator in a Dashboard

10-03-2022 02:48 PM
DanielL
New Contributor II

Allow the use of custom locators in Dashboards, rather than the only option being Esri's default locator.

Tags (2)
7 Comments
jcarlson

You have to configure additional locators in the map, not the dashboard.

DanielL

Hello jcarlson.  I am familiar with configuring search in a Web Application, but I see no option to configure search in the Web Map from which a Dashboard is created.

jcarlson

Go to the web map's Item page (not the map viewer) and go to the Settings tab. Search settings are there.

jcarlson_0-1664903490298.png

DanielL

Thank you! I don't think I would have found that in a million years.  Unfortunately, I still see no option to use a custom locator.  Am I still missing something?

But being able to configure search on individual layers should get me what I want.👍

jcarlson

Hm. I think the locator needs to be officially registered with your org? That is somewhere in the organization settings, I believe.

patrickb
Status changed to: Already Offered

@jcarlson is correct. The locator has to be registered with the organization. Once done, the search tool in a dashboard's map should recognize it. If not, we'd suggest a call to Support. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/configure-services.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_0A9A071A7AB7...

SIT_Rimini

Hello,

it doesn't work even when registering the locators with the organization.

The strange thing is that if I open the dashboard while logged in, it works perfectly.

Furthermore, even disabling all searches in the map properties (including Esri's default), it still connects to the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service.

How can I contact support?

Thank you.