Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow "No Data on Opening of Dashboard" Option for Gauges/Indicators

10-30-2018 08:01 AM
LaurenLee
Occasional Contributor

If gauges or indicators update based on a selection in a list, it would be a beneficial option for the gauges/indicators to start by showing "no data" until a selection is made. Non-technical users may find it confusing for the gauge/indicator to be showing data from the first listing by objectid (or by whatever method the list is sorted upon startup) before they have selected something from a list to view. For example, if I have a dashboard that includes a sales information list and sales ratio gauge for Assessors, the sales ratio gauge on opening of the application shows the first sale sorted in the list. I believe it would be more user-friendly if the option to show no data was available.

21 Comments
cesarpalladium

I have a dashboard where an indicator responds to both a map selector and a drop-down selector. Upon opening or refreshing the dashboard, the indicator displays information for the first element on the data table (when no selection has been made whatsoever). The information on the indicator will update as soon as a user either clicks on a district or makes a selection on the drop-down selector, and this is great, but I'd like my indicator to not display any information at all at the start when no selection has been made. I'm unable to accomplish this by enabling 'Render only when filtered', as this causes a series of other issues. Please help, @patrickb !

Thanks in advance 🙂