Select to view content in your preferred language

Add more actions for dashboard table element when Table type is set to grouped values

03-04-2022 10:59 AM
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

I currently only have the Filter action available because I'm displaying data as grouped values rather than as features (see the Table Type option below). 

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1646418887915.png

Changing the table type to Features exposes the rest of the actions, but that's not an acceptable solution for me because I have hundreds of features and need to group them by value.

HollyTorpey_LSA_1-1646418887972.png

I really would love to be able to flash and/or zoom to all the features in each group (some groups have only a few tiny features and they are nearly impossible to spot on the map). Obviously the Show pop-up action wouldn't work, but it's not immediately clear to me why it wouldn't be possible to apply the Flash, Pan, or Zoom action to the selected set of grouped features.

(I realize I can overcome this obstacle by creating a new layer of multipart features, but I don't like that option either because it would mean losing the unique details that the user can currently see in each feature's popup. Yes, I could include both the multipart and original versions on the map and disable popups for the multipart one (and I probably will), but it would be great if I didn't have to!)

- Holly
Tags (3)
4 Comments
MappyIan

I agree with this completely.  Not being able to pan/zoom to the selected set of grouped features is a real limitation.  This would be a big improvement to Dashboards.

SandraLuken1
Status changed to: Implemented

In the June 2022 release of ArcGIS Dashboards, elements with categories based on grouped values can now target maps with pan, zoom, and flash actions.

psammeta

Hey @SandraLuken1 , I am not able to add the zoom option now to grouped features. Is the 2022 Dashboard is updated for everyone or Do I need to update anything from my side?

Morten_Olesen

Hey @SandraLuken1, The zoom option on grouped features doesn't work for me either, but it is because I am using Enterprise 11.2 I guess. Do you have a timeline for when it will be added to ArcGIS Enterprise?