Why are there duplicate records in the database?

Jump to solution
02-12-2015 01:13 PM
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

I added a couple of records using Collector then went back into one and updated the data a couple of times. In the Oracle database it shows a record multiple times? Is what I'm seeing the "xxx_H" records? Does a compress resolve the duplicate records? Just trying to understand from a database perspective of what I should be seeing when Collector updates records.

DupRecs.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VenusScott

After more testing with Collector, I found that what I thought were duplicate records (based on OBJECTID) were actually the additional archived records as we have archiving enabled on this data. I'm so used to the OBJECTID being a unique primary key, this threw me off!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor

Are you accessing the base table or the versioned view? The versioned view will give you the best window into the data.

0 Kudos
VenusScott

After more testing with Collector, I found that what I thought were duplicate records (based on OBJECTID) were actually the additional archived records as we have archiving enabled on this data. I'm so used to the OBJECTID being a unique primary key, this threw me off!

0 Kudos