Why am I getting an "Update Failed" error?

05-17-2017 01:57 PM
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

I am trying to make my own Feature Layer template for collecting polylines via Collector. The template would save me a lot of time in the field, as I wouldn't have to configure as much of the pop-up or other settings. For some reason, when I create a Feature Layer from a preexisting Layer that doesn't have all the options set*, make the necessary changes**, and test it: it works. However, when I then try and create subsequent Layers from that newly created and updated one: I get an error that reads "Update Failed: Updates could not be sent. The operation couldn't be completed. Invalid column name 'Shape_3'", and so on. Whenever I try and make a new layer from the old one, and go to the trouble to change all the settings, it works. Whenever I then try and make a new layer from that newly made and updated one, it doesn't.

*The preexisting layer was, itself, created from earlier layers. These are just polylines. The only field I've added is a "Loci" long integer field. There is no editor tracking. The pop-up is just configured to show the FID.

**The new layer I try and create is the same, except I've added the editor tracking, and configured the pop-up title and attributes differently.

I am using an organizational administrative account through AGOL.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

It seems to be connected to the "Optimize Layer Drawing" setting. If I have that checked off on a template, the subsequent layer that is created will not send updates in Collector.

0 Kudos
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

Also, I encountered a similar problem where some line features couldn't update edits when "Keep track of created and updated features." was checked off in the feature settings.

0 Kudos