Unable to synchronize replica

01-23-2019 10:54 AM
JakeJacobs
Occasional Contributor III

I have a very perplexing problem.  I have a hosted feature with 6 layers and a related table (just related to one of them). I have a web map that I open in Collector (new version).  I have created multiple offline areas on my iPad (ios 12).

I have no problem creating the caches.  And at first when I start creating data and syncing, everything seems fine. But at some point I start getting an error "Unable to synchronize replica. Sync replica internal error".  This is with no local edits, just bringing down changes from the parent.

If I delete the offline area from the device and create a new one, it creates just fine, but the first time I try to sync, even with no local edits, having done nothing but create the cache, the sync fails.

What's even weirder is that some of the caches continue to sync successfully, and some do not.  Even when they are in the same geographic area (seeming to rule out a data issue).

I am under a tight timeline to deploy this mobile project and am really worried about this behavior.

14 Replies
SFM_WillBrewer
New Contributor III

Hello, I am also having the same issue with my field personnel using Collector. They are able to download maps that contain hosted feature services fine, but when they try to sync about 20-30% of the time they get an error and yet the records tend to go through. The issue appears regardless of the device and version of Collector.

This is a new issue for us starting late 2018 after using Collector successfully for several years.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have also periodically been seeing this issue.

GISelleRangel1
New Contributor

Did anyone find an easy solution yet? 

jtmouw_NCDOT
New Contributor III

Anyone have a solution for this? seeing it in field maps

0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

2024 almost and we're still having this problem. Any solutions Esri?