Tutorial for Collector

04-04-2016 02:02 PM
KathleenWallis
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone have a good source for a collector tutorial. I am looking for something that my users can refer to. The people who will be editing out in the field are not very GIS web oriented and I was looking for a video or document that they can go back to. There are so many options now with filters table etc. if someone a source for teaching this to non GISers it would save me a lot of time.

Thank  you.

Katy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Katy -- Did you see the tutorial in the Collector documentation? Collect data—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Is there something missing from that which you wanted to highlight for your users?

Esri Education Team
KathleenWallis

Yes, thank you. I was hoping there would be something a little more geared towards what you can do with it on your desktop.
My client will be collecting streetlight data in the field, but then when he gets back to the office he will be looking his data on ArcGIS online on his desktop. I was hoping there was more about how do filter, search, bring up tables, export csv from the tables ....  I will make a document. Just thought there might be a video or something out there.

Thanks

Katy

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Got it. I'll make a note of the request, but don't have anything like that right now.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KathleenWallis

Thank you Kylie. I do see that if I click on the Guide Tour link on the left of your url it does explain more than I thougt. AND the quick reference link
is good too. This is immensely helpful.
Katy

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Great, I'm glad you're finding useful information! There isn't much in that help about using the data outside the app, since that is covered in the help for the products where you use the Collector data.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos