Tracklog problem on Android

06-10-2021 07:37 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When using Collector with a Galaxy S10+, the Tracklog feature will not automatically drop the green tracking points, I have to manually drop them. Other team members using iPhones do not have this issue. Anyone know a fix to this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

not trying to be a smarty but switch to iPhone.   I personally prefer Android but Collector works better with iPhone.  Also are you using the same version of Collector on your Galaxy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haha, yes, that has been the solution so far, which is a little disappointing since not everyone loves Apple. But we have a limited number of iPhones and when we have extra people on the crew another device is needed. I think they are the same version, I have 20.2.2 which the latest version for Android I think? 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

and make sure your not using Collector Classic.  The icons are different.

RobertBorchert_0-1625682109234.png

and check to see if your phone is trying to use VPN.  that causes issues.  And check to make sure location is enabled. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick update, apparently our iPhones were running Collector Classic, and only phones with the updated Collector were having issues. We have been using the same Collector project for several years so maybe it has something to do with being developed in Collector Classic. Project is done for this year, got through ok, thanks for the tips!

0 Kudos