Syncing issue with Collector Version 19.2

11-06-2019 01:30 PM
GregDunnigan
New Contributor III

Since Collector 19.2 was released, my organization has been experiencing an issue with editing data in Collector while offline. When trying to Synchronize changes, the Sync fails with a generic message:

"Error executing tool.: ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:{"code":500,"description":"Failed to synchronize."} Failed to execute (Sync Feature Service Replica)."

The layer that were collecting data in resides in an SQL Server Enterprise GeoDatabase along with other reference layers. The database and Feature Classes are configured appropriately (Archiving and GUIDs), and up until 19.2, everything was working fine.

Trying to simplify things to test, I scaled back to a service with one Point Feature Class that I am able to download. But when I try to Sync an Edit, it fails.

If I do an identical process in the same Web Map on an iPad that has 19.1 installed, the edit and Sync work as expected.

We are able to edit and sync AGOL Hosted Feature Layers when they are in a Web Map with other reference layers from the same database that holds the Edit Layers. And we are able to Sync all Web Maps when there have not been any local edits made.

So I feel pretty good saying that this issue was introduced (or became apparent) in version 19.2 of Collector. And that the issue relates to Syncing Edits to a Enterprise Geodatabase. I feel like I can't be the only one doing this.

Other related items which may be a kicker: In this environment I am running ArcGIS Server 10.3, and we do have some further intricacies with ArcGIS Server Security.

We have also submitted a ticket to ESRI Help Desk and are working through that.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
GregDunnigan
New Contributor III

Miaogeng Zhang Do you have any other ideas for this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos