Sync issue, caused by reserved names?

02-20-2017 03:02 AM
zkovacs
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

We're having an issue with a recently published survey. It does have a few layers with different coded value domains assigned to some of the fields in them. There is one layer we're having problems with that has an extent domain with 3 values: 25%, 50%, 100% assigned to a field. It seems that the % sign causes issues when syncing/posting edits back - both when online and offline. I would've thought that the value description could contain anything as we never had a problem like this before (or we just got lucky all these years).

The issue is that if I select the extent value from the drop-down on the device and send my edits back (online survey) the field will default back to an empty field, completely ignoring the value I selected. If it's an offline survey, the value stays in the form/device, but obviously the field in question will remain empty in AGOL. No error message is displayed. All other fields in the same layer have their values posted/saved without any issues.

If I edit the data directly in AGOL, the extent value is saved, but when I open the map on the device, the extent field will be empty regardless of what value I selected from the drop-down.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Is it a known limitation (haven't found anything on the internet so far) or a bug? We are using Collector v10.4.2 on iOS. (Just checked and it's the same on Android.)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Zoltan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
zkovacs
Occasional Contributor III

I managed to figure out what the problem was. It wasn't the % in the value description, as even when I deleted them or set the domain to integer type field it still didn't solve the issue. Apparently it was the field name that we named 'Extent' (domain names are not requested/posted for edits). Changing it solved the problem but it leads to another question. I can't seem to find a list of reserved words for AGOL/Collector, and it seems that we might need one.

(It's not on the FGDB reserved words list, I checked: http://support.esri.com/technical-article/000010906)

0 Kudos