Sync errors with Collector offline

Jump to solution
03-18-2014 04:20 PM
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hello fellow Collectors!

I am happy to have downloaded the new version of Collector. I have successfully set up a map for offline editing, downloaded it to my device and collected some features.

Seems to be a bit sticky syncing back though. I have had 2 REST API errors (this is what they appear to be) so far relating to sync'ing the replica.

Both appeared to be a rollbackOnFailure error.

The difference being:

1st error - gave me an 'error synchronizing replica' message that contained the GUID for the feature I was syncing (I only had 1 to sync). Then when I checked the map in browser AGOL, the feature I was syncing was there, so perhaps an error that wasn't actually an error.

2nd error - didn't show me a GUID however I was syncing multiple features. These did not appear in my map in the browser, so a genuine error.

Any ideas here?

Carma Gerber
Esri Australia
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
45 Replies
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hi Again Russ

Apologies for the continuing issue. I am still getting this error sometimes when trying to sync back to my AGOL account from an offline Collector map.

"Unable to synchronize replica. Sync replica internal error - {F81F2B93-E111-43C1-B2E9-363F6F803772}"

Map - https://unitywater.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ee147b0243ec49e98bcff5cd1c0dcf45

Thanks in advance.

Carma
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I see that your service has editor tracking enabled. This could be causing the issue. The current release of the app does not support editor tracking. Try disabling that property and download a new version of the map and let me know if you are having any issues.

Thanks
Russ
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Ah yes ok that might be the case.

I'll have a try when I get into the office in a few hours.

Is there somewhere I can find out what else is not supported in Collector offline? Also I've found out from another post that copied layers aren't supported offline.

Thanks again for your help on this. I'll let you know how I get on without editor tracking.

Regards
Carma Gerber
0 Kudos
GregConiglio
New Contributor III
Hi everyone... That would be great if there was such a list...

* What exactly is meant by "copied layers". Does that just mean duplicating a layer in the ArcGIS Map, or is there more to that which should be avoided

* Editor tracking:  Issues only with hosted services on ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Server?
Thanks!

Ah yes ok that might be the case.

I'll have a try when I get into the office in a few hours.

Is there somewhere I can find out what else is not supported in Collector offline? Also I've found out from another post that copied layers aren't supported offline.

Thanks again for your help on this. I'll let you know how I get on without editor tracking.

Regards
Carma Gerber
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Copied layers are only in the web map. You can open up a layers overflow of tools and you will see the option to Copy Layer which will just add the same layer into the map again.

Editor Tracking is supported on a 10.2.2 version of ArcGIS Server feature service
http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/android/create-maps/faqs-create-map.htm#anchor10

Russ
GregConiglio
New Contributor III
Ah I have done that (copy layers) in other instances but not with an ArcGIS.com map where we have a Collector app driven off of it.

So to clarify, if the data layers serving the Collector app come from our own AGS 10.2.2 service, I could re-enable Editor Tracking?

Copied layers are only in the web map. You can open up a layers overflow of tools and you will see the option to Copy Layer which will just add the same layer into the map again.

Editor Tracking is supported on a 10.2.2 version of ArcGIS Server feature service

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/android/create-maps/faqs-create-map.htm#anchor10

Russ
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes you will see the editor/creator fields populated with the correct user when you sync back to your service. The service will have to be token secured if coming from your ArcGIS Server. The issue with the attributes being non-editable because of ownership has been fixed in our upcoming 10.2.3 update but it will not bring full support for the ownership and editor tracking in hosted services.

Russ
0 Kudos
GregConiglio
New Contributor III
Thanks Russ!
0 Kudos
RebeccaHorsburgh
New Contributor II
Hi Russ,

I am having the same issue. I don't think I have copied layers, and I don't have editor tracking turned on.

http://northcentralcma.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0cd0e9b6f83b47a5aa6a5e6adcc29219

http://northcentralcma.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=36e94f7816704b1fb710d6103677db1f

I didn't create this web map and am having trouble trying to figure out what is wrong with it and why it won't sync back.
I thought perhaps attachments might be an issue?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
@Carma What is the issue you are seeing? Are you using iOS or Android?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos