Should you be able to add lines to an unregistered table

11-07-2019 06:46 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Working on a new project for use in Collector.

It consists of a point feature that are company work sites.

three tables

one is a table of Assets from our Asset management system that are participating in work orders

two is a table of the Work Orders

Three is a blank Work Log  table where the field person can add comments to the work order

Assets and Work Orders are related to the points based on location and the work log is relate to the work orders based on WO NUMBER

We are trying to work around uploading changes to maximo, truncating the table and reloading it with the next days work orders. Our concern is to many repeats of this without moving the edits to base.

Doing some experimentation this morning I rebuilt the system with empty tables and published the service with the TABLES NOT REGISTERED.  The point feature is not edited at all. I was able to add rows and make changes to the tables.

Should this have been possible. Our project manager didn't believe it was until I showed him.

We are then wondering so it is correct that you can edit unregistered tables?

However, would it then be an issue when more than one person is in the same collector app

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

We are then wondering so it is correct that you can edit unregistered tables?

Yes, you can edit feature classes/tables that are not registered as versioned through a feature service.

However, would it then be an issue when more than one person is in the same collector app

No, this will not cause issues.  If someone were to edit the same feature within the feature service, the last edit in would win.

0 Kudos