Retrieving attachments from ArcGIS.com after collecting them

06-18-2013 09:09 PM
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III
I'm lost on how we retrieve attachments from ArcGIS.com.

We've got one or more photos with our Collector points and I can't see where we can download them.

ArcMap allows you to export the feature class from our Hosted Services.  No attachments come with it.

Any ideas guys?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
ArcMap 10.1 doesn't support downloading attachments. This has been addressed in ArcMap 10.2

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks, looking forward to that.  Looking forward to lines and polygons, and offline in Collector too.

Peter
0 Kudos
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III
ArcMap 10.1 doesn't support downloading attachments. This has been addressed in ArcMap 10.2

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have 10.2 and am having the same issue -- I have a line feature service of ROAD CONDITIONS with attachment capabilities enabled.I have a photo attached to a segment and want to extract the feature service to a feature class with the attachment preserved. When I open this feature class in Arc Map, I don't see an attachment field.

You mention this is possible in 10.2, just looking for a direction to take. Thanks!

Sam
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The attachments will show up in a table in the geodatabase not under an attribute in the feature class. You can see the attachments in that table or when you identify the feature you will see the attachments in that "popup".

Russ
0 Kudos
DeanMostad
New Contributor II
So in that regard. I'm sure photos take up space in the cloud and hence credits. So when I am done with a particular project how do I delete them from my account?
0 Kudos
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III
The attachments will show up in a table in the geodatabase not under an attribute in the feature class. You can see the attachments in that table or when you identify the feature you will see the attachments in that "popup".

Russ

Still not seeing them, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

My process:

In my AGOL webmap I "PREFORM ANALYSIS" on my line feature service with attachments enabled > MANAGE DATA > EXTRACT DATA > to a File Geodatabase.zip

In ArcMap I try to add this new File Geodatabase and all I see is the line feature class under the GDB...with no accompanied table. When I info, there is no sign of my image popping up or hyperlinked.

Anything jumping out at you based on my process? I gotta be doing something simple wrong... Im positive my feature service has image attachments.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
CA_-_ReneGonzalez__GISS_
New Contributor III
Still not seeing them, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

My process:

In my AGOL webmap I "PREFORM ANALYSIS" on my line feature service with attachments enabled > MANAGE DATA > EXTRACT DATA > to a File Geodatabase.zip

In ArcMap I try to add this new File Geodatabase and all I see is the line feature class under the GDB...with no accompanied table. When I info, there is no sign of my image popping up or hyperlinked.

Anything jumping out at you based on my process? I gotta be doing something simple wrong... Im positive my feature service has image attachments.

Thanks!

When you use the Identity tool in Arcmap and select the feature, do you see attachments on the left side of the Identity window? Looks like a paper clip and says attachments
0 Kudos
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III
Negative.

I thought my process of extracting my AGOL feature service content to a FGDB was correct.

Somewhere in the process the attachments are not retained...

Stumped. I really don't know what the deal is.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I would add the hosted service into desktop 10.2 and create a local copy for editing. You can do this by right clicking on the service layer and click on edit and you will see the option to create a local copy. This workflow should get your feature and attachments down.

Russ
0 Kudos