Relationship classes and offline editing

Jump to solution
12-05-2014 05:44 AM
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all,

I have a feature class and SQL Server table that I'm trying to relate and make available for offline editing.  I was able to successfully get attachments to a feature working, but I'm having some issues trying to get this to function with my SQL table and I'm assuming it is a schema, primary key issue.

From what I've read on relationship classes and preparing data for offline, layers that participate in a relationship must be related using a Global ID field as the primary key.  So that said, how can this be accomplished if my data is structured such that I have a point feature class with a point 'name' field that is alpha-numeric, and this field is related to a SQL Server table (1:M) with the same alpha-numeric 'name' field?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Warren M

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

They current version of Collector(10.2.7) does not supported relationship classes. This is coming in our 10.3 update which should be out in late December/early Jan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

They current version of Collector(10.2.7) does not supported relationship classes. This is coming in our 10.3 update which should be out in late December/early Jan.

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

Thanks for the info Russell.

But... isn't a feature class 'Attachment' simply a relationship class also?  And this functions offline?  What am I missing?

Warren

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

While attachments are an example of related information they are much simpler to model and support.  Notably they contain no attributes that can be edited nor can they have nested relationships.  Collector will be adding support for related data soon, please keep an eye on the blog and news for more information

WarrenMedernach

Awesome, thanks again for the info.

Warren

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

Hi Russell,

As a followup to this question...

At 10.3 Collector will support relationship classes, so does that mean Collector will be able to add additional related records to an existing feature?  For example, I have a point feature that has 'instrument readings' (1:M) stored in another table and the relationship class exists between these two classes.  Will I be able to add a new 'reading' through the Collector UI?

Thanks

Warren

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup you will be able to view, add, update and delete related records. The example you brought up will be supported. The only thing not supported in this initial release will be M:N relationships.

Russ

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

And with 10.3 now available, does this mean there is an update for Collector still to come, or should it be functioning now?

Thanks again!

Warren

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

There is a 10.3 Collector update coming in January that will bring this support to iOS and Android.

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

Perfect!

Thanks again for following this and answering all the questions!

Can't wait to get testing this!

Warren

0 Kudos