"The Server you are trying to connect cannot be verified," using Collector on a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone.

04-16-2018 09:59 AM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I am attempting to test Collector on a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone.  I receive the 'The Server you are trying to connect cannot be verified,' message after entering my Enterprise sign on credentials.  I was using an S5 which was accessing the Collector app with no issue.  I can open the Survey123 app on the S9.  Any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

Please see this GeoNet thread for some troubleshooting suggestions,

https://community.esri.com/thread/203945-collector-for-arcgis-the-server-you-are-trying-to-connect-c... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Thanks Derek, I found and have been reading through this post too. I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are the S9 and S5 on the same version of Collector for ArcGIS? 17.0.3 and later require you to use a ca-signed certificate or install (and trust) your internal certificate.

JayHodny

Hi Dan,

I copied the apps over from the S5 to the S9 during the phone set up process, so I was using whatever version of Collector that was on the S5. Upon receiving the message, I uninstalled Collector, went to the Google app store, downloaded, and installed what I assumed is the latest version of Collector. Same message when I tried to start up Collector. I don’t know much about certs and installing them on a smartphone, so let me do some more research and pester my IT group.

Thank you!

Jay

0 Kudos
PatrickForrest1
New Contributor

Any progress on this?  I'm getting the same messages.  Running Android 8.0.0 and trying to connect to my secure Enterprise server through the Collector/Collector Beta app.

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Patrick,

I am now using Collector version 18.0.3 on my android phone, android version 9.  We have an ArcGIS for Server site,  moving to ArcGIS for Enterprise is in the planning stages.  Web maps are opening fine, no server errors.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos
MalindaFord
New Contributor

Hi Jay, how did you fix your issue?  I am running Collector 18.0.3 and Android 9 but still having issues.  Feature layers will not open in Collector.  I get the error "the server you are trying to connect to cannot be verified".

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Malinda,  Strange.  I updated my Collector version to 18.0.3 back in early August on my Samsung S9, and all seemed well. A few weeks ago, I had trouble opening web maps in Collector.  I would click on a web map and get the swirl of death, nothing would open.  I uninstalled Collector and reinstalled it.  Same version, build 1033.  My web maps were listed, I could open one, and add features.  I just tried it again now.  I don't know what might be different between our setups.  I would try the uninstall/reinstall and see if that clears things up.  I am afraid I am not much help.  Let me know if you are successful, Thanks, Jay

0 Kudos