"No collectable layers are visible"

Jump to solution
12-06-2016 04:56 PM
MitchellWatson1
New Contributor III
  • We have a Feature Service (containing many Feature Classes) which is then accessed by a Web Map.
  • The Feature Service has been configured so that each and every layer can be added or edited. 
  • We add/edit these Feature Classes in the office using a Web App that has been created from a Web Map.
  • Our Field Users access said Web Map using Collector when they are out in the field.
  • There are 16 layers that are available when accessing the Web Map (as stated before, all layers are inside the same feature service).
  • All 16 layers are able to be edited BUT only 15 of these layers are able to be added. We have a certain layer that is only able to be edited, not added.

This is baffling as each of the other 15 layers are able to be added and edited without any problems. A Field User pointed this out as they were unable to find the layer after pressing '+' in Collector yet every other layer was available in that list.

If I:

1. Access a separate Web Map with only that layer available OR turn off all other layers,
  2. Make sure the layer is visible 
  3. Press '+' to add a feature

I get the following error:

"No collectable layers are visible"

This text displays as an overlay on top of the basemap (Using Android)

I have attached a screenshot of the message, note that the layer is visible (small black circles).

• I can add the layer without error when using a Web Map or Web App in a browser. This error is only happening when using Collector.

While using collector the Feature Templates for this layer are simply not visible. Our Feature Templates are configured for each domain entry for a relevant field in each layer. e.g. The "Car" Feature Class would have a Feature Template for each entry for the field "Make" (One for "Ferrari", one for "Ford", one for "Mazda").

Layer Capabilities as stated in ArcGIS Rest:

Capabilities: Create,Delete,Extract,Query,Sync,Update,Uploads,Editing

If anyone has any further insight on this it would be much appreciated.

12 Replies
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

Bump. This is happening to me too.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For me it was due to a relate

I'm trying to collect a feature. Why isn't its type listed when I select Collect NewCollect New?

Either the features that you want to collect are not visible on the map, or the Filter related types setting is on. Check the following when a feature you expect to collect is not available:

• Visibility of the feature's layer—Check a layer's visibility by selecting the Overflow menu Overflow and selecting Layers.
  • Scale of the map—Some layers have minimum or maximum scales, outside of which they are not visible. Zoom in or out on the map to change the current scale. Once the layer you want to collect a feature for is visible, you can collect that feature.
  • Filter related types setting—When the Filter related types setting is on, only parent feature types (for example, light poles) appear in the Collect a new feature panel. When the setting is off, both parent and child feature types (for example, a streetlight) appear. The Filter related types setting is enabled by default. Turn it off when you want to collect a child feature type without a parent feature type connected to it. To disable the setting, in the Map Gallery, select the Overflow menu Overflow, select Settings, and disable Filter related types.
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

There are various cases where you'll see the message about "no collectable layers are visible" -- I've locked this thread as the original issue was resolved. Please start a new thread with details about your map and layers if you are seeing this issue, and it can be investigated there.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos