Offline map features

Jump to solution
11-19-2014 12:09 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do all layers need to be set to editable in AGOL so the map can be downloaded in Collector for offline use? Collector would not let me download until I established all layers as editable. I don't understand why you can't just have static layers on your map and be able to choose which layers you want to edit and sync.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

In this current release all layers in the map need to have full editing if its a feature service or support export if its a tiled map service if you want to take that map offline. You can also disable editing on a layer at the web map level and the app will honor that setting on the layer and not expose any of the editing capabilities once taken offline. In our upcoming release we will support different editing capabilities and export on hosted tiled services.

Russ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

In this current release all layers in the map need to have full editing if its a feature service or support export if its a tiled map service if you want to take that map offline. You can also disable editing on a layer at the web map level and the app will honor that setting on the layer and not expose any of the editing capabilities once taken offline. In our upcoming release we will support different editing capabilities and export on hosted tiled services.

Russ

WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Russ,

I currently have a map prepared and working for download/offline functionality.

I have noticed though, that when I add a simple MapServer service to my editable map for Collector I can no longer download map to the device.  I know I've done this successfully on another map where I set the cached/tiled MapServer service to be the basemap, but is there no way to add a simple MapServer service to an offline map?  Does it have to be tiled/cached?

Thanks so much,

Warren M

0 Kudos