Not recognizing TPKX in either Android or Windows

Jump to solution
12-06-2019 11:28 AM
MarkBeaty
New Contributor

I'm not sure what the problem is but Collector is not recognizing the TPKX file that I created to uses as off-line basemaps on either my Android device or on Windows.  Are there some sort setting that need to be changed? They are both recognizing TPK formats though.  Both Tile Packages were created using ArcGIS Pro v2.3. The Windows Collector version is 18.0.2.0 and the Android version is 18.0.3, build 1033.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows version but alas, same issue.  Also if its of any use the size difference between the two formats is quite large, the TPK file is only 6MB while the TPKX is 1.2GB.  The extents and scale level (15) to create each file were identical. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

TPKX files aren't supported on Windows or Android in the released Collector apps. On Android, they are supported in the latest beta. If you'd like access to the beta version, join our Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test as well as provide feedback. Once you’ve joined, visit Getting Started to access the beta release for Android.

(For iOS users, they are supported in Collector for ArcGIS, but not in Collector Classic.)

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

TPKX files aren't supported on Windows or Android in the released Collector apps. On Android, they are supported in the latest beta. If you'd like access to the beta version, join our Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test as well as provide feedback. Once you’ve joined, visit Getting Started to access the beta release for Android.

(For iOS users, they are supported in Collector for ArcGIS, but not in Collector Classic.)

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KevinTrappe1
New Contributor II

Is it known when there will be a solution for this for the Windows Collector app?  Our organization has upgraded to 10.7 and it has essentially rendered custom offline Collector basemaps useless for our Windows device users.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin - Could you clarify for me the issue you are facing? You can still author TPKs.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KevinTrappe1
New Contributor II

I was under the impression that the only option in 10.7.x was the TPKX file type, but perhaps that's incorrect.  If we're still able to generate a TPK, that should resolve the problem for us.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Nope, I double-checked just to be sure, and you can make both TPK and TPKX files in 10.7.x

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
TPK file is only 6MB while the TPKX is 1.2G

Are you sure you are using the same tile format, extent and parameters?  I would not expect this size difference.

0 Kudos