no maps visible once logged in

03-21-2013 06:42 PM
DavidMedeiros
Occasional Contributor III
I just installed Collector for iOS and despite having a full ArcGIS online account I don't see any maps in the app once logged in. There are no maps visible under "All", My Maps", or my "Organization".

I've logged in and out several times but nothing changes. What should I be seeing once logged in? It sounds like even a basic online account would show a series of maps available for viewing under "All".
Tags (2)
13 Replies
MickPattison
New Contributor
I'm suffering these same issues with maps showing in ArcGIS online, though not in Collector on mobile devices.  Where are the options to make the point layer editable & a feature service?  Regards, Mick.
0 Kudos
WUTTIBOONFA-AMNUAYPOL
Esri Contributor
I also faced the similar problems, sometime my map i just recreated cannot shown in Collector but can be show and edit inside ArcGIS for iOS. It's really confusing.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
To make an editable feature service you can create one using ArcGIS Desktop and publish up a feature service with a variation of Add/Update/Delete. Or you create a hosted feature service when you sign into your Organization account and then under My Content > Add Item and you can choose a csv, shp or .sd file type. and this will create a hosted service in AGOL for you. You can also use Create Service under My Content and it will copy the template from an existing feature service.

For the hosted feature services you can change the edit properties by going to the hosted item detail page and clicking on the edit button. At the bottom of the page you will see the options for changing the editing capabilities and enabling editor tracking and ownership controls.

Once you have these editable service you add this to your arcgis.com web map. You will know you have the editable service in your map when the Edit button appears in the top toolbar. Then you should just need to click save and the map should then show up in the Collector app when you login. If you are already logged into the iOS Collector app you can pull to refresh your map gallery. In Android there is a dedicated fresh button.

Hope this helps you out.
Russ
NicholasSaracena
New Contributor

This answered my question!

0 Kudos