No certificates found

03-04-2021 10:13 AM
Kathleen_Crombez
Occasional Contributor III

We have an ArcGIS Enterprise solution set up in house that includes ArcGIS Portal and one ArcGIS Server (version 10.6.1 not federated)

I created a map to be used in the Collector App and the users are receiving the following message.

No certificates found

The app collector has requested a certificate. Choosing a certificate will let the app use this identity with servers now and in the futures. The app has identified the requesting server ... but you should only give the app access to the certificate if you trust the app. You can install certificates from a PKCS#12 file with a .pfx or a .p12 extension located in external storage.

I am not really sure what this message is saying. We have a certificate from Let's Encrypt installed on the web adapter and have auto renewal set to every 30 days.

The message will not allow the user to proceed unless they log out of Collector and log back in. The user has informed me that they are using an Android tablet they purchased from Verizon. (I do not know the exact brand)

I have included a screenshot of the error message.

I am not having any luck when searching this message.

Has anyone else ran across this, or know how to remedy the issue?

Thanks,

Kathleen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @Kathleen_Crombez,

is your system public facing? if yes test it with SSL Certificate Checker (sslchecker.com)

if the checker resolves correctly then you probably have to copy the certificate to the device and install it here is a link that might help.

How to Install SSL Certificate on Android (comodosslstore.com)

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
Kathleen_Crombez
Occasional Contributor III

Henry,

Thank you for the advice.

The certificate checker does resolve successfully.

The solution to download the certificate and install it on the device hardly seems practical since Let's Encrypt is set up to issue a new certificate every 30 days.

The users would need to download and install a certificate every month.

What I don't understand is why this error is occurring in the first place?

We have other maps set up that are used in collector (in versions 10.5.1, 10.7.1, and 10.8.1) and have never had an issue before?

Is this a device specific problem?

Thanks,

Kathleen

0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @Kathleen_Crombez, It might be a device problem yes, I think the best solution would just be to log a support call  with the device and android version and support will be able to tell you if the android version is supported.

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos