My related tables just stopped working in Collector after weeks of success.

Jump to solution
07-20-2019 07:37 PM
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

I had a nice set of relationships working in the new Collector from this project's beginning.     I did a bunch of work today online before noticing that Collector stopped seeing the records in my relation.  Of note:

1.  I renamed the hosted feature layer. (ugh)
    1. new maps based on the hosted layer don't work in Collector either
  2. I added domain values to the service definitions for some fields via REST,
    1. (but that had worked a number of times before)
  3. I created a number of hosted feature layer views for the layer, so I could set different editing levels.
  4. I created a DateDiff expression and a simple string output expression in another layer.
    1. I deleted those just in case
  5. I changed group share access, but I own the assets and am in the groups that have permission.
  6. I tried without Sync in the hosted feature layer views and then with Sync.

The web maps all work as expected, but now I cannot access my related tables in Collector.   It sees the table name and I can go to that screen, but no records are shown, and will not allow a new record to be added.

I did not restrict permissions in this parent hosted layer, though I did change its name.   

The web maps work fine for my account, and I installed the Classic Collector and it can see the records as well.    

What did I do to trash the new Collector?   I need it back, by Monday of course.   Thanks in advance for any clues out there.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike - I’m traveling right now, so can’t look too closely until later in the week, but one thing we have seen issues with is if the domains that were changed used to have the same values and no longer do. Depending on how the hosted feature layer was created, the domains can have the same names and when the values no longer match it can lead to issues. Did the related table have a domain that was changed? I’d probably start by looking there.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike - I’m traveling right now, so can’t look too closely until later in the week, but one thing we have seen issues with is if the domains that were changed used to have the same values and no longer do. Depending on how the hosted feature layer was created, the domains can have the same names and when the values no longer match it can lead to issues. Did the related table have a domain that was changed? I’d probably start by looking there.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I’ll check, thanks for the direction. Happy travels!

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

You got it in one!   Looks like I can edit domains but adding one where there was none is a no-no right now.    Thank you for the precise diagnosis.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm glad you got it working! Are you seeing issues if you add the domains through the ArcGIS Online (or ArcGIS Enterprise) instead of REST, do you see the same problem?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

Hmmm… I’ve only tried the FeatureServer screen on AGOL, and I assumed those ran on REST! Sorry if I mis-characterized that. But that’s where I added the new domain that foiled Collector. I ended up going back to the ArcGIS Pro project, making a domain there, and then re-sharing /uploading from Pro.

Thanks again for your troubleshooting and input!

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Gotcha, good to know. Thanks for clarifying for me!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos