Maps shared with "Everyone" are not searchable on collector

06-10-2014 08:50 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34478[/ATTACH]From within my Orgaziation AGOL account, I have created a web map with a single (World Topo) base map and an editable FS. The map, FS, and is shared with everyone.

While logged into my AGOL organization account, I can search and edit features from the map. While logged in to AGOL using a non-organizational (free public account), I can search for the map and edit features. I can also search and find the many dozens of other web maps that are shared with everyone in my organization.

When logged into collector on Android or IOS, with my organizational account, I can ONLY search (and find) the map(s) and FS(s) that I have created that are under my account. I cannot search for, or see, other maps that others in my organization have made, that are shared with everyone.

Others, in my organization, cannot search, nor find, nor edit, the web map that I have created, and shared with everyone (public). The FS and SD are also "Public".

Is there another undocumented special sharing setting that must be turned on so that this web map is available to other collector users in my organization?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The collector only retrieves maps that are either owned by the account you are signed in with or maps that have been shared across groups. The app does not pull down all maps that have been shared across your org.

Russ
0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
So if I share this with "Group A", which I'm a member of, if I want others to be able to see this on collector, they also need to be members of "Group A"?
0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
...and on that note....does the Feature Service and Service Definition also need to be shared with the same group as the web map?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The items in the map like hosted feature services will need to to be shared along with the web map to that group. If the item is not shared the group it will fail to load for members of that group.

Russ
0 Kudos